2 Medium to Large Zucchini
1.5 lbs of Italian sausage (cooked and drained)
8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 small green pepper
2 T chopped onion
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 T butter
2 T Flour
1 1/4 Cups Milk
1 tsp Mustard (Dijon is the best)
1/2 C grated Parmesan Cheese (the real stuff)
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and center section where the seeds are. Keep the pulp and small seeds. Put 1/8th cup of water into the center of each zucchini half and put in microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Remove from microwave and drain water
2. Place zucchini pulp into a saucepan, add cooked sausage, tomato sauce, onion, peppers, and italian seasoning. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Place zucchini in a greased baking dish. Spoon the filling into the center of the zucchini.
4. To make the sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan. whisk in flour and salt until smooth. Slowly add milk. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 2 min or until it thickens. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.and mustard. Pour sauce over zucchini. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
5. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4-5