HARVARD BEETS -MADE WITH FRESH BEETS
My husbands family use to make these. They are quite yummy.
5 Medium Beets
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Vinegar
1/2 Cup Water
4 tsp Corn Starch
3 Tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Petter
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Cut the top and tail off of the beets.
- In a medium sauce pan, cover beets with water and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until beets have softened when poked with a fork.
- Remove skins by rubbing them between your hands under cold water. The skins fall off.
- Cut beets into small bite-sized squares
- In a medium sauce pan add all ingredients except beets. Stir until combined. Add beets and cook for 20-30 minutes over low.