Monday, June 10, 2013
BACON HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN (Alice Springs Chicken)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Lowry's Seasoning Salt
8 strips of bacon
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
2 cups shredded cheese
Honey Mustard Sauce
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
• Either cut or pound chicken so that it is the same thickness and is about a half inch thick.
• Make honey mustard sauce by mixing mustard, honey, onion flakes and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
• Sprinkle the chicken breasts with Lowry's seasoning salt (both sides).
• Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, break into pieces and set aside.
• Do not discard grease.
• Cook chicken in the bacon grease for 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
• Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish.
• Spread honey mustard sauce over each piece of chicken
• Sprinkle with bacon
• Add chopped mushrooms and cheese to each chicken breast.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.